- Considered 2020, 2041 No Bradford Bypass, and 2041 Bypass scenarios.
- Compared demand versus capacity on road sections using the Bradford Bypass and no Bradford Bypass scenarios.
- Bradford Bypass alleviates capacity issues on key roads.
- Introduction of Bradford Bypass Corridor decreases capacity use to 76%.
Road Network without Bradford Bypass (2041)
Road Network with Bradford Bypass (2041)
- Interchange locations and route previously identified in the 2002 Approved EA Study through weighting/scoring method.
- Updated travel demand forecast uses new traffic data to confirm findings of the 2002 Approved EA.
- Interchange alternatives being developed for each previously identified location.
Highway 400/ County Road 88
- Detail Design for the replacement of the County Road 88 underpass and reconfiguration of the Highway 400/ County Road 88 Interchange.
- Design considerations for ramp configurations and highway connections between the Highway 400 / Bradford Bypass Interchange and the Highway 400/ County Road interchange.
Highway 400/ 9th Line
- Detail Design for the replacement of the Highway 400/9th Line overpass structure.
- Design and Environmental Assessment considerations for the proposed replacement of the Highway 400 / 9th Line structure.
County 4 Widening
- County of Simcoe completed a Municipal Class EA for the widening of County Road 4 from 8th Line to just north of the Intersection of County Road 89 (May 2012).
- Design to account for the overlap between the proposed widening of County Road 4 and the proposed Bradford Bypass / County Road 4 interchange.
Applicable Environmental Legislations and Approvals to be Considered
- Canadian Navigable Waters Act
- Fisheries Act
- Migratory Bird Convention Act
- Species at Risk Act
- Impact Assessment Act*
*At the time of this PIC, a decision is pending as to whether this study will be required to undergo an EA under the Federal Impact Assessment Act.
- 2002 Approved EA and MECP Conditions of Approval
- Clean Water Act
- Endangered Species Act
- Environmental Activity and Sector Registry (construction dewatering)
- Environmental Assessment Act (Class EA for Provincial Transportation Facilities)
- Environmental Protection Act
- Greenbelt Plan
- Lake Simcoe Protection Act
- Lakes and Rivers Improvement Act
- Ontario Heritage Act
- Permit to Take Water
- Planning Act
- Provincial Policy Statement
- Safe Drinking Water Act
- Water Resources Act
- Conservation Authority Regulations
- Noise By-Laws
- Official Plans
- Road Occupancy Permit/Road Closure Permit
- Site Plan Review
The Ministry will continue to review and consider applicability of federal, provincial and municipal legislation for the project.